“I am a child of Earth and Starry Heaven,
but my birth is of Heaven alone.”Translation of the inscription on the Orphic gold tablets (from Richard Janko, “Forgetfulness in the Golden Tablets of Memory,” Classical Quarterly 34 (1984) 89–100, especially p. 99)
My name is Brooke, and my pronouns are she/her.
This blog houses the poetic musings of a cultural / ethnic Jew reconstructing Levantine polytheism. My primary hearth cult is also informed by the impacts of the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans on the Levant throughout history.
- Read more about my primary hearth cult here: Derekh Kochavim.
- Read more about how I engage with the Mysteries of Dionysos here: Naós Tou Eleuthereus
Other important aspects of my spiritual life worth mentioning:
- Divination (specifically Tarot reading)
- Herbalism (I am a trained herbalist)
- The Living Crossroads, an Orphic-inspired witchcraft coven into which I have been initiated